Congratulations to Tory Macri of PeopleCare who was recently awarded our 2017 Scholarship, to commence study in 2018.
The Scholarship has been in place since 2000 and is awarded each year to a member of TIC or one of their staff, to undertake postgraduate study in a field relevant to the region's development and enhancement.
For a complete list of recipients please see Past Scholarship Recipients
Information about Scholarship applications in 2018 will be updated in mid 2018.
Entry to an eligible course is a prerequisite for applying for the scholarship.
The Scholarship supports the tuition fees of a postgraduate course at the Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong. The annual scholarship is in the form of a full tuition fee waiver for an eligible postgraduate Business course delivered in Wollongong or Sydney:
Eligible courses for commencement in 2018:
- Master of Business Administration
- Masters of Business
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Science (Supply Chain Management or Project Management)
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- Have an offer from UOW to commence study in 2018 in one of the eligible postgraduate courses
- Be, or work for, a Financial Member of The Illawarra Connection
- Provide a letter of endorsement from a current financial member of The Illawarra Connection
- Provide a Scholarship Statement addressing the following four (4) selection criteria below in 750 words or less:
a) Motivation for studying your selected program at Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
b) Outline what you believe to be the most important strategic consideration for the Illawarra at present
c) Describe what role do you think The Illawarra Connection should play in helping the region to prosper in future
d) Describe your leadership style.
In past years, both applicants and recipients have been outstanding and we expect the standard to remain as high this year.
- Course applications are open now
- Scholarship applications open in July 2018
- Scholarship applications close at the end of August 2018
- The successful candidate will be recognised at The Illawarra Connection dinner on
9 October 2018.
For further information on the UOW application process and course information please see sydneybusinessschool.edu.au