Our University of Wollongong Sydney Business School Postgraduate Scholarship is now in its 19th year. Each year it is awarded to a member of TIC or one of their staff to undertake postgraduate study in a field relevant to the region's development and enhancement.
Entry to an eligible course is a prerequisite for applying for the scholarship.
For a complete list of recipients please see Past Scholarship Recipients
The Scholarship supports the tuition fees of a postgraduate course at the University of Wollongong Sydney Business School. The annual scholarship is in the form of a full tuition fee waiver for an eligible postgraduate business course delivered in Wollongong or Sydney.
Eligible courses for commencement in February 2019:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business (Management / Financial Management / Human Resource Management / Marketing / International Business)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury / Investing / Financial Services)
- Master of Science (Supply Chain Management / Project Management)
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- Have an offer from UOW to commence study in 2019 in one of the eligible postgraduate courses
- Be, or work for, a Financial Member of The Illawarra Connection
- Provide a letter of endorsement from a current financial member of The Illawarra Connection*
- Provide a Scholarship Statement addressing the following four (4) selection criteria below in 750 words or less:
a) Motivation for studying your selected program
b) Outline what you believe to be the most important strategic consideration for the Illawarra at present
c) Describe what role do you think The Illawarra Connection should play in helping the region to prosper in future
d) Describe your leadership style.
The standard of applicants and recipients is historically outstanding and we expect this year to be no different.
- Course applications are open now
- Scholarship applications are also open now
- Scholarship applications close 31 August 2018
- The successful candidate will be recognised at The Illawarra Connection dinner on
9 October 2018.
For further information on the UOW application process and course information please see sydneybusinessschool.edu.au
* If you are an applicant from a large organisation (>500 employees), where the member, or members, of The Illawarra Connection in your organisation do not directly observe your work, a supporting letter may be provided by your own Manager.