Nick Hartgerink is a Wollongong-based media consultant and writer. He worked as a journalist at the Illawarra Mercury from 1977 to 2001. He was Editor from 1995 until 2001, when he established his own media consultancy providing media advice and writing, publishing, editing and MC-ing services. Since then he has worked with many Illawarra and national clients.
He is the author of eight books, including a best-selling biography of Wollongong's world motorcycle champion Wayne Gardner and a history of the University of Wollongong, published in 2011. His most recent is RMB: 130 Years of Legal leadership 1885-2015. He has been a member of the Illawarra Connection since its inception.
Other positions Nick holds include:
- Chair, Regional Advisory Committee, NSW Cancer Council Southern Region
- Board member, Illawarra Regional Information Service
- Media Advisor, iAccelerate
- Honorary Publicity Officer, Illawarra Folk Festival
- Honorary Publicity Officer, Folk By The Sea Festival
- Judge, NSW Country Press Association Newspaper of the Year Awards.