February 2015 - Networking Dinner
|Date:||Tuesday, 3 February 2015|
|Venue:||The Grand Ballroom, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach|
ICAC – Time for a Change?
Jerrold Cripps is a Principal of O'Connor Marsden & Associates and has over 30 years professional services experience.
Since 1980, Jerrold has served as a Judge of the District Court, Judge and Chief Judge of the Land & Environment Court, Judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales (NSW), and Judge of the Court of Appeal. In 1994, he retired from the bench and for six years was Special Counsel to Allen, Allen and Hemsley. He returned to the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal from 1999 to 2004.
Thereafter, he was the Commissioner of the Independent Commission Against Corruption for a five year non-renewable period and later became Acting Commissioner of the Police Integrity.
A large portion of Jerrold’s post-judicial life has been with the prevention, by investigation and exposure, of corruption in the public sector and of people in the private sector who attempt to corrupt public officials. He has spent a great deal of time educating public authorities, public officials and members of the public concerning corruption and its detrimental effects on public administration and on the community.
Jerrold's professional experience includes:
- Chair of the National Electricity Tribunal (1998-2004),
- Chair of the Electoral Commission of NSW (2003-2004),
- Arbitrator of the International Court of Sport (1998),
- Member of the Corporation Securities Panel (1994-1998),
- Part-time member of the NSW Law Reform Commission (1992-1998),
- Member of the Judicial Commission (1986-1992),
- Chair of the Legal Services Commission (1980- 1985), President of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board (1979),
- Chair of the Australian Commercial Dispute Centre (1993-2004),
- Special Counsel to Allen, Allen and Hemsley (1994-1999)
- Professional and academic qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws , Sydney University
- Master of Laws, Sydney University